ABOUT THE ROLE
The Project Planner is a dynamic player on our small team who is involved in many aspects of the workd of the Cambridge Redevelopment Authority (CRA). There is no typical day, develop, you will take on increased responsibilities including new initiatives now under development through our strategic plan update.
Current CRA projects that the Planner will work on include:
- Facilitating housing and commercial developments in Kendall Square.
- Providing support for nonprofit capital improvements needs throughout Cambridge. Assisting with transportation and open space planning in and around redevelpment areas.
The Planner's work is done indoors in a professional office setting in Kendall Square, as well as outdoors at various local project and meeting sites. This role requires attendance at some evening meetings. It is a full-time position with a 37.5-hour work-week.
ABOUT THE CRA AND OUR WORKPLACE
We work in the public trust to bring a human dimension to development, improving the quality of life for residents, businesses, employees, and visitors. Our goal is to balance economic vibrancy, housing, and open space to create sustainable communities through new and revitalized development. We are committed to implementing imaginative, creative initiatives to achieve social equity and a balanced economic ecosystem. To do this, CRA has worked on various redevelopment projects throughout Cambridge in close partnership with the City and other organizations.
We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us stronger as individuals, organizations, and a society. Our work requires understanding the problems that cities face and the impact of our interventions on residents and communities. The CRA provides a flexible, supportive, and family-friendly work environment. We will accomodate individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Information about the CRA, its Strategic Plan, and ongoing projects may be found at our website: www.cambridgeredeveloment.org
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Since the Planner works on a range of projects, our primary consideration is to find a versitle collaborator with passion for our work. Experience engaging typically underrepresented populations is valued. As such, compelling candidates will bring many of the following, but perhaps not all:
- Passion: You are compelled to do work that matters. You care about urban communities, public infrastructure, and how cities work.
- Versatility: Your interest in urban planning spans across topics including community development, land use, transportation and urban design. You have experience in several of the following: zoning, environmental regulation, sustainability principles, public participation methods, and real estate development.
- Data-savvy: Your are skilled in data-management and visualization, especially GIS and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Analytical: You are a problem-solver who can distill issues and find themes
- Nimble: You plan, prioritize, and manage various tasks requiring creativity and long-term thinking.