Harvard University Employees Credit Union (HUECU) is seeking a dynamic, energetic employee with outstanding communications skills and a passion for customer service! Our ideal candidate will focus on providing an exceptional customer experience in all member touch-points, in-person, phone interactions and digital communications. Will be responsible for providing timely, accurate service to all customers. Expected to move to other branch locations in the Cambridge and Boston areas as business needs warrant.
Responsible for a comprehensive array of Member Services Representative (MSR) duties:
- Processes transactions: deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, etc.
- Balances daily teller drawer and cash recyclers.
- Oversees all aspects of daily branch settlement.
- Order/Sell cash and balance the vault.
- Handles basic member issues, complaints and counsels members with specific requests or refers to Senior Member Service Department or Manager as appropriate.
- Sells money orders and processes cash advances.
- Payroll Maintenance/Schedules Payments and Transfers/ACH Originations.
- Opens savings and checking accounts/certificates/IRA accounts, including the processing of IRA transfers and rollovers.
- Processes stop payments on teller checks, personal checks and ACH.
- Processes all consumer loan applications/ability to disburse loans/setup loan payments/order coupon payment books.
- Assists members with domestic and international wire transfers.
- Completes deposit verifications, address changes and other written inquiries.
- Assists with the daily balancing of the ATM terminals.
- Foreign currency sales and check collection.
- Ability to service the Coin Machine (located at the Harvard Square Branch (HSQ)).
- Provides branch telephone coverage for incoming calls promptly and professionally.
- Maintains a neat and clean work station and assists in maintaining the overall Branch appearance.
Responsible for maintaining comprehensive job knowledge:
- To develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of HUECU accounts and services to assist in the cross selling of appropriate products and services to meet members’ needs.
- Successful completion of in-house training sessions and other recommended training programs.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive working knowledge of all Credit Union systems utilized by the Retail Group.
- Completes required annual training for Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), responsible for accurately completing Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs), adhering to the Customer Identification Program (CIP) Policy, reporting suspicious activity to the BSA Officer, performing Office of Foreign Assists Control (OFAC) inquires, and Branch Robbery Procedures MSR duties at the HSQ and Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) branch locations.
- Primary resource for tellers in resolving problems, maintaining quality level of member service, and increasing sales of HUECU products and services through referrals.
- Works closely with the Assistant Manger to monitor teller attendance and maintain a working schedule to assure adequate Teller staffing levels. Monitors teller performance.