Who we’re looking for…
HUECU is seeking a dynamic, energetic employee with outstanding communications skills and a passion for customer service! Our ideal candidate will focus on providing an exceptional member experience in all customer touch-points with a specific focus on incoming phone calls, emails and other electronic forms of inquiry.
What you’ll be doing…
The Support Center Representative is the voice of HUECU; is responsible for providing warm, timely, courteous and accurate information to all members while fielding real-time calls, emails and chats from members across the country and around the world.
•Establish and develop member relationships while building and earning their loyalty and trust.
•Actively listen to identify member issues and provide new solutions and products that can enhance the member’s experience.
•Continually update knowledge of products, services and procedures.
•Communicate member issues/concerns to management.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Support Center at Harvard University Employees Credit Union is a full service contact center servicing the Harvard community and affiliate organizations. The Support Center Representative provides timely and accurate information to all members in a courteous and professional manner. Fulfills service requests, troubleshoots problems and recommends additional products and services as appropriate. In addition, this individual identifies opportunities for “Surprise and Delight” by listening to the members, establishing personal connections, and proactively engaging the member with timely and thoughtful follow-up.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintains an “available” phone status according to Support Center policy.
• Receives and responds to member inquiries in a timely and accurate manner.
• Assists members with technical issues related to the website or mobile app.
• Maintains a neat and clean work station and assists in maintaining overall department appearance.
• Open Accounts/Certificates/IRAs, including processing of IRA transfers, rollovers, and required minimum distributions.
• Processes transactions: transfers, withdrawals, loan payments, etc.
• Balances daily drawer when required. Familiar with all aspects of daily settlement.
• Assists with solving complex issues and complaints, with the ability to identify and escalate issues to a supervisor as appropriate.
• Assists members with domestic and international wire transfers.
• Multi-tasks, sets priorities and manages time effectively
• Demonstrates dependability in punctuality and attendance and adheres to all department standards related to arrival and
• Attends staff meetings and training as scheduled and offers process improvement suggestions.
• Demonstrates ownership of individual performance plan.
• Demonstrates effective account retention efforts including membership, share certificates, and other products and services
Responsible for maintaining comprehensive job knowledge:
In order to develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of HUECU accounts and services to assist in the cross selling of appropriate products and services to meet members’ needs, staff members are expected to:
• Complete in-house training sessions and other recommended training programs.
• Assist with training of new and existing staff.
• Develop and maintain a comprehensive working knowledge of all Credit Union systems utilized by the Retail Group.
• Associates Degree or a minimum of two years of related training/experience beyond High School.
• Must possess solid understanding and experience of basic browser functions/requirements for P.C.’s and MAC’s, such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox
• Must possess strong attention to detail, have excellent organizational skills, and the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required to fulfill member requests and ensure member satisfaction.
• Ability to work collaboratively across the organization and as part of a team.
• Must have a solid understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Ability to apply sound judgement while executing expectations and instructions.
• Ability to work Saturday and extended evening hours as required on a rotational basis depending on the Support Center/CU needs
• Ability to work remotely based on the Support Center and Credit Union needs.
• Ability to lift up to 40 pounds and stand/sit for extended periods of time
• Comfort working in the diverse and multicultural environment of Harvard University
• Please note: Harvard University requires a pre-employment reference and background screening, which includes OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) check.