WHEN: Fridays, Jan. 11 and Jan. 18, 2019, 9:30 a.m. – 4 pm
WHERE: MassHire Metro North Career Center,
186 Alewife Brook Parkway, Cambridge
, MA, 3rd
Floor, in the Fresh Pond Shopping Mall, near the Alewife T Station. Free parking.
COST: $150.00 Materials fee: $17.00 TOTAL: $ 167.00
Early Bird Rate: $152.00 if registered by January 4, 2019. Space is Limited.
TO REGISTER: Go to www.pdcboston.org.
Congratulations! You’re going to teach a class on that thing you know so well. But training others is a learned skill, not one that comes "naturally". Join us to master this skill and grow your career.
If you get to know the principles behind training, you can become a great trainer. That’s what you’ll do in this class. The goal is to help you develop an effective and well-reviewed training experience. The 1st session will focus on defining the goals and solid objectives that are the basis of effective training. In the 2nd session we’ll focus on training delivery and you’ll practice training your co-participants and receive helpful feedback from them. You’ll get to know the theory behind effective training, and you’ll put that theory to use immediately.
When you complete the workshop, you will be on the way to being able to:
- Define goals of the training you need to develop
- Define learning objectives of the training you need to develop
- Determine the enabling objectives that lead to achieving the objectives
- Create an outline and activities that will achieve the objectives
- Identify & describe the goals & learning objective of existing training materials that you might need to use
- Apply principles of adult learning to your training development and teaching
- Present training content in a classroom setting